|14:00 Introduction from conference chair – Professor Dragan Savic, Co-director, Centre for Water Systems, University of Exeter
14:05 Smart innovation in response to customer needs
- Southern Water’s smart metering: what does it mean for customers?
- Products designed to build customer relationships
- Using data effectively and driving efficiency
Ben Earl, Water efficiency manager, Southern Water
14:25 Ramping up water efficiency with a smart meter rollout
- Digital platform for engagement – adding value to smarts
- Smart data & gamification – customer incentives for water savings
- The challenges and opportunities with smart technologies
Andrew Tucker, Water efficiency and affordability manager, Thames Water
14:45 Questions and panel discussion: building smart relationships
- What is the best method for engaging our customers?
- How will customer needs and expectations continue to change?
||14:00 Introduction from conference chair – Oliver Grievson, Flow compliance & regulatory efficiency manager, Anglian Water and Director, SWIG
14:05 Smarter initiatives to reduce flooding
- Reducing the impact of flooding through real-time and predictive analysis
- Detecting and managing blockages in real time
- Case study
Rachel Cunningham, Innovation wastewater networks manager, Thames Water
14:25 Smart wastewater networks: opportunities for the future
- Enhancing the customer experience
- Mitigating pollution and interruption time
- The impact of external factors: predicting the unpredictable
Emma Harris, Pollution strategy manager, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
14:45 Questions and panel discussion: the importance of smart technology in wastewater
- How far will real-time data prevent sewer flooding and pollution in the future?
- What’s next?